Thursday, November 10, 2005

IK Winter!

IK Winter 05/06 preview here.

A little bit more than halfway down the page is a picture of the Token Sock Pattern (shouldn't we sockies have our own magazine by now?) called Embossed Leaves Socks. Essentially they are Backyard Leaves for Your Feet! How fun is that! If I can find some pretty green yarn for them, I'll do it. (And I'll use green because I couldn't for the scarf, partly because EVERYONE was doing the scarf in green. But I like green socks!)

Also, I have asked to join the Solid Sock KAL, partly because I think it will spur me on to start a new pair of socky-socks. I tend to prefer the solid-color socks with lots of texture, like the kind that Evelyn Clark's patterns usually provide. I don't think I want to go for another pair of Retro Ribs, but I do have lots of solid sock stash to use up. We'll see how soon it will be before I cast on... I just started the alpaca lace shawl the other night because I just had to have SOMETHING new to work on. Never mind that I've only done nine rows, and most of them were in the kitchen waiting for water to boil. :P

2 comments:

gray la gran said...

thanks for the link to IK winter. i think i'll have to make a pom-pom christmas tree!
the socks are very nice ... but kinda reminds me i need to finish my embossed leaves socks and garden bugs from all those years ago!

chris said...

Hi! I came across your blog through Lolly's. I saw that pattern in the preview and fell in love with it, too. And you're so right- it's Backyard Leaves for your feet! :-) Your Backyard Leaves scarf is just beautiful. I wish we had some practical use for scarves here in Hawaii...that pattern is so pretty, I'd be up for inventing an excuse to make it! Looking forward to seeing your solid-textured socks! :-)