Hey!! Remember that job that I didn't post about, the one I didn't want to jinx by posting about so I didn't post about it? Of course you don't, because I didn't post about it. In fact, I didn't really tell anyone that I was going for the job, partly because I wasn't sure if I wanted it or if I was going to get it. Well, you can probably see where this is going.
Yeah, I got it. The official announcement is on Monday but it seems everyone found out my news already. So anyway, I feel ever-so-slightly justified in a celebratory signing-up for Sundara Yarn's Petals Collection sockyarn subscription. [ETA: There's a knitalong!) Some may say that it's on the expensive side, and I think it is, but it's a nice treat and I don't have to sit and be jealous of all the people who were able to get in before the signups closed. And if I don't like the colors of a particular month, I can always give the socks away. I seem to love giving socks away, even though my handknitted socks are the knitted items that I MOST use. Apart from the devil hat.
I have a lot to say about socks, since I've been thinking about enjoying a Socktoberfest this year. I don't know if Lolly is hosting this event again or not, but either way I think I might go sock-crazy for a while just to get it out of my system. The other day I made a list of all the sock patterns I have and want to knit up, and matched them with all my stash sockyarn that isn't yet knit (or needs to be reworked from a failed pair). There are, oh, let's just say "more than ten" and leave it at that. Do you think I can knit up more than ten pairs during October? You do? You are KUH-RAY-ZEE!! Didn't I just say that I got a new job? Also, the World Beerfest is October 7 and you can bet that I won't be getting much knitting done on THAT day (except for waiting in line to get in, the line is always really long even if you get there early).
Anyway, I swore I would take some pictures today for you all to puzzle over, and the sun is about to set... who ever heard of the sun setting before nine? What kind of crazy season is this "autumn"? Rage, RAGE against the dying of the light!
And now, to pop open some fancy and relatively expensive wine to celebrate both my sockclub membership and the new position at work. Is it odd that I can't tell which is more exciting for me?
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY!! Congrats on the new job!!!
Lolly is holding socktoberfest again, she has the signups on her blog now. 10 Pairs in October? are you crazy??
Post a Comment