Thursday, October 18, 2007

FOing along

In keeping with my vow of relative WIPlessness, I have completed one project already this week, the alpaca-silk Hidcote Garden shawl that I have been working on for months. It is blocked and ready to wear, which means someone is going to have to take pictures of me while I model it in a gloating and exultant way.

I am home today with some sort of wack illness, which means I might try to knock out a little more knitting or I might go back to bed, but I do know one thing that I can't do anymore: browse Ravelry. That place is like a crack den to my addict self; the more I look at, the more I want to cast on. If I am going to achieve my goal of One WIP into 2008, I need to keep away from the computer and keep at the needles. So I might go on a Ravelry diet for a bit as well. Who knows, maybe I'll have time to clean the house and read a book while I'm at it.

3 comments:

Lisa Carney said...

Sing it, sister, that place is trouble. I've had what I'm calling a Ravelry Headache for the past 3 days. I can't look away!

gray la gran said...

bring the shawl to me! (i want to see it in person) and i'll take your picture.
(if i can't enjoy you virtually, i'll enjoy your real company )

The MacKay Way said...

Yeah for FOs! I've been doing the same...wrapping up the last bits of those lagging around my house...and the holidays are coming so I'll hopefully give a bunch as gifts.

Back to Ravelry I go -- need my daily fix!!!