Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Best Weekend EVER

I've got zero new knitting to show you, for two very good reasons. (You know it seems like most of my posts are about how little knitting I'm getting done, and why I'm not posting.) Reason One: I've been too busy gettin' my birthday on. Yesterday was the Kickball Cookout, with a decent turnout from The Friends. A sincere, if sweaty, effort was made in a game of kickball. Team Late Birthdays beat out Team Early Birthdays, and the girls really showed the guys how the game is played. Afterwards we grilled burgers, dogs, and tuna steaks, and there was a lot of eating and laughing and mosquito-swatting. I got the best birthday present imaginable: two of my friends wrote and recorded a song for me, ABOUT me. Everyone should have such an honor bestowed upon her, although it has made me wonder: how do they know so much STUFF about me? I don't remember mentioning half of the items cited in the lyrics, but any song that rhymes "Rennison" and "venison" AND it makes sense... well, that's a song to love.

Reason Two: I've signed up for Summer Fling '05, and if you are mad that you missed out on the signups, don't despair. This isn't a bloggyland thing, or a knitter thing, this is all about one guy and one girl and their decision to throw caution to the wind and act like idiots in love. This isn't really like me, but like I said, caution is thrown to the wind. No knitting will be done, but there will be lots of movie watching and wine drinking and all that. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I swear, though, that I will finish the pink Lucky Cardi, for no other reason but that I am SO CLOSE to being done. He's already asked for knitted goods, but I warned him that Masculine Goods are usually for wintertime (hats, mittens) and this is a SUMMER fling. Summertime. Let's hope he doesn't discover that the new knitty is The Man Issue. (BTW I think most of what's in the issue is ho-hum but I would make the Drunken Argyle, for me. I'm not sure if anyone deserves that much intarsia from me, except perhaps my Sainted Mother.)

Oh and good news! My Londoning parents are okay. Close one there.

No comments: