I've discovered that I have a general aversion to blogging these days, in contrast to the bloggorhea I've experienced over the past year. So do with that information what you will, but know that it will mean STOLEN CONTENT!!
So, until I come up with some postable material (like the news that I MAY finish my leaves scarf tonight), you should go see the knitted zombies here. [credit to raynorg for the link] I really think my knitting will take this direction someday soon, because there are really only so many hemp tank tops and starsh-busting beanies I can knit. (These projects are pre-blog, but trust me, I have them in spades.) I know I love to buy yarn and dream of the projects for which I have bought the yarn, but until my lifestyle includes more than ONE day per week of non-uniform clothes-wearing (both jobs require all-black uniforms! gaah!!)... making all the pretty sweaters and wrist-warmers in the world won't do me any good until I can create a lifestyle that includes the wearing as well as the knitting. This is probably why a lot of what I have knit is not in my possession. I'd rather pretend that someone else is wearing it every other day than KNOW that I am NOT wearing it at all.
Hell! I can't even wear my Holiday Halter From Hell since The Boobs were banned at work. Yes, something as boring as CLEAVAGE has been banned from my workplace just in case the sight of it might make customers uncomfortable. As IF.
So go look at them there zombies. They're awesome!
Monday, October 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yes dear, i did see the zombies earlier today. what if you adopt black as your color vs. red? or, you know what's easier? ... let's just have some dates to go out and wear our knitties. yes, that's the solution!!!
Oh dear, that is a bummer. I'm sorry. Well, I suppose on the days you don't wear all black (you work at a funeral home?) you can bust out all the colors you have knitted. :)
I think "knitwear dates" is a good solution. I think I just need to break the mindset of "knitwear is for dress-up, knitwear is only for special occasions." I need to make them a daily thing.
Post a Comment