Sunday, November 27, 2005

M.I.A.

If you must know... it's happened again. I've chosen boys over knitting. It is My Curse. I'm missing, but "in action."

Rest assured: I am knitting! Well, a little bit. But mostly, not knitting. Also, for those of you who do not know me IRL and thus miss watching me struggle endlessly against The Man, I am at present working 7 days a week in order to help The Man satisfy the demands of frenzied holiday shoppers. Trust me, this situation leaves me as disgruntled as you. It's all I can do to put down the bottle of scotch and pick up the needles, but I do it, knowing that while the sunlight is too limited this time of year to take decent knitting photos, the knitting must continue anyway. And I dream of making all my oddball stash into fingerless mitts from Weekend Knitting. God I love that book! I wore my WK legwarmers today and I was reminded how they are worth every inch of wool, and every minute spent, stitching those babies together.

I'm foxy AND crafty!

2 comments:

gray la gran said...

you are stitchy woman!

just sing to the tune of the eagle's 'witchy woman'.

it's amazing anyone survives the holiday season ... what's your favorite flavor of scotch? was it on your top ten?

maybe we should keep an ongoing list of all top ten catagories, and accept new catagories submitted!

Kit said...

Legwarmers are coming back? I mean, I thought it was a half-hearted attempt to bring something back to take away from all the ponchos, but I think legwarmers are even crazier than ponchos and I thought everyone else thought the same. But what do I know, I'm over here dreaming of knee-high knit socks to slip over my developing calves. Bah.

Good luck with the customer service and the booze and the knitting. But let's not combine the three, I hear it causes bad mojo.