
I don't know if it's even worth it to weigh in my feelings about joining the Jaywalker trend; doing so is its own trendy thing now. Backlash! OOH! I personally feel that this pattern is the only way I would have been able to cope with the riot of color that is this sock yarn. Now that I am further down the foot (a few more inches than the above photo shows) the colors are pooling a bit but I'm not too upset. The zig-zag is key.

That's why I'll always love solid-color sock yarn best. I finished the Embossed Leaves socks ages ago, but have not yet worn them. They're too pretty!
It's not all fun and games, however. Some of you may know that I cast on a while ago for Rowan's Butterfly using the black Kidsilk Night that Agent Gray gave me. Well, there are only so many times I can mess up a pattern before I get Very Frustrated. So I ripped what I had knitted. Literally RIPPED.

@%I&%*$@ing Kidsilk!! So I am going to put Butterfly away for awhile until I get a 'scrip for some tranquilizers or something. As much as I would like to have this finished product of a glittery gossamer goth camisole, I really don't want to do the knitting. I have to... pay attention while I knit. What is that about?
For mindless knitting, we recommend:

... a huge swath of stockinette! This is the body of the aforementioned yoga-mat bag. In its prefelted state, which you see here lounging in the beautiful February weather (for real, it's in the 60s here), it is two feet circumference and 4.5 feet long! Now I have to do the mind-numbing work of knitting the strap, and the less-numbing work of felting. One of these days I'll be bored enough to make the dreaded strap, which I imagine will need to be a seven-foot long bit of inch-wide knitting. BO-RING.
I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. I elected to host at my restaurant, which was really just an opportunity to don my black velvet ruffle skirt and any one of my little red sweaters (I opted for the alpaca-silk One Skein Wonder from last summer). We were moderately busy, but I was off in time to skip over to my boy's house for wine and chocolate and a viewing of In the Mood for Love. A beautiful movie, but not especially romantic since it's about lonely adulterers.

MMM chocolate velvet boule cake!
Sockapaloooza: I am still searching for "the" yarn for my pal's socks. Her preferences are pretty specific, which is fine because the more I know about what she likes, the greater the chance that she will like the socks I make. There are a few patterns in the running, and I am hoping that once I find "the" yarn, I will magically discern which pattern to use. I am not worried about time right now: I can knock out a pair pretty quickly so I don't want to rush just yet.
4 comments:
awwwww .... look at my socks!
Just and Idea instead of knitting the strap why not get three different ribbons that will match the colors of the bag and braid them to make the strap. I am thinking about making one of them and that is what I plan on doing.
I love the socks, and that yoga bag is so cool. I'm really curious how it'll look when done. My mat is naked at the moment; I should be inspired by you and make one.
ps, it just makes me cry to see snippets of KSH!
Post a Comment