Sunday, August 13, 2006

Project Spectrum/Lace-along update

If you are under the impression that I have not recently participated in either Project Spectrum or the Amazing Lace, you would be SO RIGHT and you would get a Japanese Sundae if you wanted one. Over the weeks and months, I really haven't done any projects that really related to either concept, because I've had too much else going on and didn't want to feel pressured to work on something that didn't fit into my "knitting mood" at the time. Until now.

Get ready.

It's gonna come fast and furious!

regine closeup

lotus closeup

bootee one

YEAH!!! All neutral, all lacey, and each and every one of them a project that I chose to work on regardless of whatever knitalong I might have signed up for. The top two are closeups so as to whip you all into a frenzy of curiosity, so that when (not if) I finally finish these items, I can display them in all their completed glory and you will all DIE with envy. The last picture is the beginning of a baby bootee that I decided to knit on a whim, a whim that overtook me yesterday and led to the rapid completion of that first bootee and the half-knitting of the second (to be finished during tonight's Desperate Housewives most likely).

This is not even including all the projects that are colorful and unlacey. I have suffered some start-itis recently, and so have a lot of half-projects lying around, and I am trying to use this weekend and upcoming week to finish a few up. So, of course, I decided to start those bootees instead. I never said I was a saint! I do what I can. I also tried not to trash the house while my roommate was out of town, which is nearly impossible because I become such a total slob if given the opportunity. She has just arrived home in the past few minutes and I haven't heard any screams so I think things look all right. It's so weird having a real roommate again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this finished! I really need to get my butt in gear and finish mine...