I was reviewing the history of this "Socktoberfest" that I hear tell of, and was reminded of two things: that Socktoberfest was born at a hockey game (although at first I thought it said that *Lolly* was born at a hockey game) and that DC hosts the Crafty Bastards fair in the beginning of October.
Now, kiddos, I was planning to go to DC this week, to ADAMS MORGAN itself, for noncrafty fun (is there such a thing?) but decided not to. So am I wondering, is this some kind of weird Universe + Karma thing telling me that since I didn't play hooky this week I should go to Crafty Bastards instead on October 1? Do I really need to expose myself to more kewl kraftiness that I can't actually afford to buy for myself? (We see how well I made out at this summer's Rock and Shop in Raleigh: I made out so well that I didn't bother post about it.) Does anyone else feel a pull to this? Can we make this a Crafty Bastards/LUSH trip? Maybe call it the Crafty Lush trip?
I will take a moment now to mention that over the years I have spent at least a thousand dollars at LUSH, probably much more, and yet I have never ever been to one of their shops! To think that of the many products of theirs that I have tried (and subsequently become enslaved to), I have tried each of them completely sight-unseen. Each trip to their website has me reeling with the thought of "In what ways will their nefarious webmarketing gurus swindle me today?" And half the time I am wrong (Mask of Magnaminty, Jungle hair conditioner) and half the time I am right (Imperialis, Cynthia Sylvia!). And I still haven't been to a shop!
On the way to work today I sang one of my personal anthems, Weezer's "The Good Life," from their underloved and underappreciated Pinkerton. Because it's true, you can't be a hermit forever, you've got to get out and shake the booty and remember why everyone else thinks you're so darned awesome. Perhaps I need to get off my duff, stop making faux-plans like "Saturday: dishes, Sunday: laundry, M-F: work" and actually GO somewhere and DO something. Also, I saw today a station selling gas at $2.49/gallon, which does not usually spell R-O-A-D-T-R-I-P but it's closer than anything else I've seen in the past year. And this girl needs a roadtrip. Does anyone want to drive while I knit?
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
save all your $'s now and we can both ride the train to sheep & wool in october! lots of knitting time on that long-ass trainride!
Crafty Bastards *LOL* love it!
I like what gray said, SHEEP AND WOOL!!!
Crafty Bastards; I wish we had cool things like fiber fests up here. Though I may be getting some angora bunnies in a few weeks, so maybe I can pretend.
Post a Comment