Hi people
It feels like I've been playing catch-up at work ever since I got back from the cruise, so I was relieved to see that I had nothing planned for the weekend other than "hang out," "knit," "listen to the radio," and "color hair." That sounds like getting a lot of knitting done, right? No.
In case you didn't know, my natural hair color is a depressing dark grayish brown (as in, no warm tones) and I was just hoping to put some ZIP into my hair to make up for the limp chin-length bob I got last month which screams "Oh, fuck it, I give up!" In order to achieve this, I bought a box of cheap permanent red dye and I successfully colored my hair, only the lift of this particular product has made my hair turn bright bright bright bright copper like a brand-new penny (and not "deeply intense cooper [sic]" as the box suggested). I was looking to add red over the dark brown, not remove the dark parts and leave nothing but "RED!!!!"
So I called the toll-free number, knowing from a friend's similar experience years ago that the helpline folks will tell you to do something crazy and counterintuitive, like dye it over with a box of bottle-blond or something, that will work perfectly. Can you believe it: she told me to pour shampoo in a dye bath of light brown. So I'm going to do it, but first I have to steel myself for leaving the house with hair like this (I am afraid of causing car accidents with my blindingly exuberant pigtails). Before and after pix to follow, and then maybe I can get down to knitting... frankly, my dye job isn't the only red-colored mistake I've made recently. (weep)
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
funny! wish i could see it now :)
hey, better to look like a penny than a nickel !!!
Post a Comment