Thursday, July 19, 2007

Again with the July 13...

My fellow July-13-birthday knitbloggers have already blogged their birthdays so I might as well blog mine. I have no pictures... it was a busy day. Probably the busiest, most scheduled, most insane day in months. That's the problem with scheduling things on your birthday thinking "well at least now I won't forget when I'm supposed to do that!" So my parents came into town in the late afternoon and I ended up meeting them for dinner in my work clothes, which smelled like coffee (ew) but dinner was grand (yay!). I got a few phone calls and, a first: birthday text messages! And my favorite birthday present ever, another first: a card from my nephews. Nephews are so cute and handy, I want a few more!

Here's some more birthday love, the birthday meme!

"Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post three events, two births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday.

Events on July 13:
1837 - Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom moves into the first Buckingham Palace in London and is the first British monarch to live there.
1908 - Women compete in modern Olympics for the first time.
1923 - The Hollywood Sign is officially dedicated in the hills above Hollywood, Los Angeles. It originally reads "Hollywoodland " but the four last letters are dropped after renovation in 1949.


Births on July 13:
1950 - George "Pinky" Nelson (US Astronaut) (Pinky!!)
1940 - Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard! omg!)

Holiday on July 13:
Independence Day, Kiribati"

I never met anyone who shared my birthday until I was in my 20s, which I hope will explain why I am so freakin' excited when I do actually meet "one of us."

This year my birthday fell on a Friday, which is always fun if you are the kind to celebrate Friday the 13th. One year when my birthday fell on that day it was truly disastrous: I was suffering from as-yet-undiagnosed anemia, and kept passing out in public places. That day was the beginning of our summer vacation and we were on the road up to our vacation spot. The whole fam was standing in line at a fast-food place waiting to order, and when I lost conciousness and went limp against my brother (now father to those lovely aforementioned nephews), he stepped out of the way and let me fall and hit my face on the ground. Thanks, man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (very Belated) birthday to you girl! What a sweet bro you have there , glad your better this year! : )

gray la gran said...

happy belated birthday wishes to my favorite girlfriend! i am a crappy girlfriend and forgot your birthday once again! feel free to forget mine ;)