My car won't start! AGAIN! But it's all good, at least for now, because even though I'm supposed to be at work right now (yes, on a Monday night) I can't go because my car won't start, which means I get to watch the season finale of HELL'S KITCHEN!!! At first that show was preposterous to me, as a career waitress and restaurant junkie, but now I sort of like it as the "show the jerk boss how awesome you can be" drama. With food! And I understand why the contestants choose to be on the show, because the prize (your own restaurant plus some other crazy perks) is really something most people can only dream about, because fame and money doesn't always land you your dream job despite what the movies might try to tell you. (I mean, look at me! I'm famous and wealthy and I still have to show up at work on time. Well, on-time-ish.) Maybe I'll go start working on one of the many knitting projects I'm currently angry with, or maybe I'll just watch TV passively like everyone else.
So even though this is a knitting blog, there will be no knitting here. Sorry!
There is a long forum thread on ravelry about "what makes a good blog" but I stopped reading because I realized that I never had any intention of being "a good blogger" w/r/t knitting because I do think that knitblogs thrive on that precious thing I will never produce: good photography. So to me it was as useful as a thread about "what makes a good car salesman" or "how to cook the best steak," two things that are also on the list of things that I never intend to do. (I am neither a salesperson nor a meat-eater, although in my waitressing life I could probably sell you the expensive meat item on the menu if I thought you would go for it.)
I will, however, read posts that are not about knitting, and posts without photography. And you will too, because you're reading this (you fool!! you fell into my trap!!).
So in case anyone thinks that I am a bad blogger out of ignorance of "good bloggliness" I am going to set you straight now: I am willfully, intentionally, and laughingly publishing a crap knitting blog with scant, crap photography, very little project details (if any), completely for my own enjoyment and entirely at my own whim. I've had other blogs and they were "for my readership" and this here knitting blog was actually a by-product of my "main" blog, the one where I couldn't talk about knitting because of the overwhelming masculinity of my core readership there. (And I know you read this one too! Liars.) And masculinity is the opposite of knitting, right? (Liars.)
Oh I really like the word "bloggliness" as well as the wine that I am drinking... This was pretty good for a drunk post, I think.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey naughty girl, where's naughty stuart with his beers ?!
ps. i will always read your craptastic blog, as it's very important for me to keep up with my girlfriend's rockstar lifestyle !
I totally agree. If you're not a professional photographer, you're not going to be a "professional" blogger. Oh well. I'd rather spend the thousands on more yarn than a nice camera.
Post a Comment