Sunday, October 14, 2007

yeah, I said it.

Astute readers will have noticed by now that my "return to blogging" was really a fake-out, and always was. As I was telling my favorite girlfriend Gray la Gran last night, I just don't feel like maintaining a blog anymore, especially when writing about knitting gets in the way of doing the knitting. I don't even read other people's blogs as often as I used to, because I spend way too much time in front of the computer as it is. I hear some longtime readers tell me how much they enjoy seeing a new post from me, so it pains me to disappoint such lovely, loyal people. I'm not a very good blogger and I don't enjoy doing things that I'm not very good at.

That having been said, there's nothing like a public forum like a blog to make grandiose proclamations, like this one:

I, the Lady Pink Acrylique aka agentscarlet, hereby resolve to enter into the year 2008 C.E. with one and only one Work In Progress. That means all Projects in Pieces will be sewn together, all ends of all projects woven in, maybe even gift knitting to be GIVEN to the recipient (hello, holidays!).

Why am I doing this? Because even though I am a Finisher, I am also a crack-headed project-starter, which means I have a lot of mostly-done projects that have about thirty minutes of work left to do, so instead of just seeing that sweater or sock through to the end, I say "I've worked hard enough on that, I deserve to cast on for something new!" and then eight years later I remember that I never got around to finishing that old project. I cannot have these things haunting me any longer. For what is left of 2007, I will work on finishing what is already started, and if I finish absolutely everything, then I can cast on to my heart's giddy content, just so long as I have only ONE thing on the needles on December 31, 2007. I can do it, and you know what, if you think you can, too, then by all means, give it a go.

See you in 2008!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! finish, finish finish!

Anonymous said...

Oh snap! I have over 30.....can I do that? Mine are not only 30 minutes of work left though. What a gauntlet you have thrown down.

Unknown said...

dang. does this mean i have to take the poofy-sleeved sweater of doom out of timeout?

i will totally help you weave in ends if it comes down to new year's eve.

Lolly said...

Hey, I understand! I am just happy to know you are still out there knitting and having fun!
(and when you are in DC, you let me know!)

gray la gran said...

i can't do it. no way. i am weak that way !