
I swear I have no affiliation with the company who makes this product other than the fact that I'd rather give them the money for this little bottle of herbal tincture than give The Man $1xx for a bottle of antiobiotics later. For real. Everyone at work swears by this stuff, and since they were the ones at work, working, while the rest of us were at home feeling like $%... I take their word for it. I took it easy today and did home-oriented things and drank my tincture-laced glasses of juice. After doing many loads of laundry and dishes, and cleaning the bathroom, I got down to business.
It all started when I opened the door to see if it was really THAT HOT outside (it was) and I saw this tiny tiny package on my doorstep. My shipment from jcaroline!

I was first clued-in to this website through Her Lolliness, and was forced to order some fun prints to use for "Skirt Experiments." Some of you may be aware that I am new to sewing, and am pretty much afraid of the sewing machine I got for Christmas even though it made me a servicable knitting-needle case. I ventured into JoAnn's the other day (they sent me a coupon) and bought a simple pattern, and ordered the fabrics along with a pair of purse handles which I'm sure I will use for either a sewn or knitted (or crocheted!) handbag at some point... I wasn't feeling "up to" getting out the machine, and instead repotted my coffee-plant seedlings to distract myself from the wackiness of the fabric I just paid for.
Time to bite the bullet and block the Interlocking Rings rings... they were getting all snaky and weird and I was losing confidence in them. Sadly, the pattern does not specify how large the rings should be, diameter or circumference or even just a basic gauge, nor how long the snake should be when finished. So I just blocked what I had so far (22 of 32 rings called for in the pattern):

Ha! Imagine it! When I measured the blocked rings and did the math, it appeared that I was "right on" gauge, whatever that means. Ten more rings, and I should be ready to sew them on! I hope that they will continue to lie flat once sewn on, but I think it will be like stockinette knitting: once tacked down by something else the curling problem will be but a memory. A girl can always hope.
Once finished pinning the rings out, I got out my high-tech hank-winding apparatus.

Who knew that the paper-towel-holder had multiple uses? I have been wanting to dye yarn at home for a while now, and bought a big skein of Lion Brand Fishermans Wool for the Dye Party in CanadaLand many months ago... but never got around to hanking it and so could not dye it properly. Being home "sick" gave me tons of time to do all the things I've been meaning to do... and so the hanking finally happened.

Dye me already.
Netflix has been kind to me recently, and sending things promptly, so progress on my Mom's Retro Rib sock has continued. Seen enough of these yet?

I swear that Retro Rib is the next Clapotis.
All of this leaves out the fact that I found a RAD new book at the liberry that made me spend the rest of the night CROCHETING. When a coherent project develops, I'll update you. Just know that "crochet dreams" are probably in my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment