Thursday, May 05, 2005

THANKYOU 9CHERREEZ!

I must make a public proclamation of my gratitude to ninecherries who, for no apparent reason other than her endless generosity and coolness, has given me a flickr Pro account. Gracias, amiga!

This means, apparently, that I must take more pictures and post them without mercy or restraint! Sadly, I have yet to see any sunshine today, or I'd be outside

1. knitting
2. crocheting
3. seaming
4. taking pictures

I ripped up the Go-With-The-Flow lacey socks last night because I was dissatisfied with it. The problem? I was making dainty lace socks with a tweedy putty-colored yarn. I felt that the color said "mannish office wear" and the pattern replied "feminine tootsy-warmer," so I ripped and began knitting another pair of Retro Rib. How sneaky is this: my mom loved my Retro Ribs so much during my last visit to her, that I am going to knock this pair out real quick and sit on them until Christmas. Can you believe it? ME knit a holiday gift THIS FAR in advance? As much as I'd like a second pair of Retro Rib, I actually did buy this yarn with her in mind (years and years ago). The pattern is so easy to memorize (but not entirely boring) so it will be good TV-knitting.

Now I must look for a more feminine color to make the Flow socks (I do like the pattern) but right now the yarnshops only want to carry the novelty sock yarns that self-pattern or cure cancer or whatever. I have knit my requisite two pairs of self-striping socks, and do not wish to make any more. I really think that I am more a texture person than a all-kinds-of-color-WOW person. A look at my wardrobe confirms this notion. (This probably explains why I have so little Koigu in my stash, and what I have is hanging "for display only" from my wall.)

If I were a good girl, I'd get dressed for yoga class, but instead I think I will futz around the house more and pretend to do housework. There was an emergency at work and they wanted me to COME IN on my ONE day off, and I spent a lot of time trying to dream up an excuse other than "No way I am giving up my one day off so you can go to a hair appointment," but disaster was averted and I am taking it easy today. The next week will be busy busy busy!

1 comment:

scarlet said...

As soon as the %$&*ing sun comes out, I'll take some pictures. I will totally abuse this privilege!!