Saturday, June 11, 2005

delayed reaction

I just want to apologise to everyone regarding my post about Dale of Norway's Tiur being on sale at Patternworks: I was not grubbing for Tiur, for real. I really honestly and 100%ly was recommending it to everyone else. I already have more Tiur than I know what to do with. If I felt I needed more Tiur I'd buy it myself, which is "my way," which is why I'm such a bad person to shop for during the holidays. If I want something I usually just go ahead and get it (after a lot of private deliberating: I'm no spendthrift). All the things that I tend not to buy for myself are the SUPER expensive things that make my mom ask, "Well can you at least come up with SOMETHING under $200?!" when it's holiday list-making time. Like a sewing machine. Like new tires. Like a couch. All of these things I have successfully avoided paying for by holding out and holding out and holding out... and sitting on the floor sewing by hand (and wishing that my car would pass inspection).

That having been said I will mention that my birthday is almost a month away and I have already uttered "squeee!" in reference to it, as well as begun planning which celebrations will be when, and what I will be wearing. Readers "in the know" are already aware that I own tights that read "Kiss Me It's My Birthday," last worn at the premiere of Joel Schumacher's film A Time to Kill, which premiered on my birthday and is coincidentally the only instance of my appearing (albeit briefly) in a major motion picture. [This movie came up recently as being an instance where "everyone looks sweaty" in a movie, and I revealed that it was actually rather chilly during filming and they kept spraying us with sugar water to make us look like good ole sweaty Mississippians, which only made us actors colder, and made our lips turn blue, and meant we had to wear sweaters and jackets between takes. Did I mention Matthew McConaghey stepped on my hand, and apologised nicely?] My birthday last year was absolutely the BEST birthday ever (complete with raging hangover the next day) and I am afraid that if I try to top it, I will fail. But the fear of failure is not holding me back on this one. Just my ability to grub for free drinks!

No comments: