Tuesday, June 14, 2005

dyeing, dyeing, DEAD!

There was a song by one of the local bands where I went to high school where the guy yells "DYING DYING DEAD!" halfway through the song. I'm sure I will have this running through my head when I finally get down to business:

Dyeing. Everyone's doing it. Today I saw a GREAT felted tote bag made with Kool-Aid home-dyed yarn, and was actually a bit miffed that I couldn't just go and BUY the beautiful yarn in a store. I would have to DO IT MYSELF. What kind of DiY person am I?

A lazy one. There are tons of home-dyeing tutorials out there, in books and on the internets, but I found this post @ Streets and YOs to be so inspiring that I think I might buy some color-your-own sock yarn from Knitpicks TONIGHT. You can tell how excited I am because of all the CAPS I'm using. For real.

Once Agent Gray emails me the pictures from our night on the town hier soir, I can show you what's up in PinkyLand. I could take my own shots but I'm a little wiped out today. I finished the first half of the front of the Lucky Clover wrap, and am pretty satisfied with the results. I put another six inches on the 1x1 ribbed belt and decided not to knit anymore tonight: apparently my laundry, despite my stern commands, is not going to just DO ITSELF. Tsk.

No comments: