Imagine a room full of readers/librarians/teachers/knitters, and someone brings up a certain movie. Half of the room (correctly) hears "The Life Aquatic" and the other half (my half) hears "The Life of Pi." That means half of the room is freaking out: "They made a movie of that? When? How?" Our half was so excited until we learned that, oh, it was just Life Aquatic. *sigh* We are truly nerds.
I have made major headway knitting-wise. I took the day off and worked on Lucky's sleeves, and I also finished the flirty flowered skrrrt last night. I debuted the Interlocking Rings top, but sadly was unable (or too busy) to have any of this photographed for your crafty gratification. Trust me on this, though, the Brown Sheep Cotton Fine is delightful in the hot humid weather. I will use it again for sure. The skrrrt fits, which is great, although it's not a very professional-looking job. All the flaws, though, are strategically placed to be hidden by any shirt I wear with it. It's awfully CUTE though!
Lucky is coming along. After Lucky, what? I'm not sure. Lucky will take a long time to seam, or so I think, but I actually don't mind seaming so maybe that won't be so bad. I guess I could finish the brown tweed Retro Rib socks but that doesn't have the spark and majik of starting something new. I wish I had a fresh new project to fall in love with, but I guess I've already got my fling for the season, don't I?
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
fling on an orangina, or a mesh rebecca tank, or a chickcami, or ..... make one of my projects!
p.s. wasn't PI that movie where the dude drills out his head at the end? ick!
Yes, Gray, Pi is the movie where the man drills himself in the head; you may remember that I once had recurring nightmares about government agents coming to my door and drilling my family in the head, one by one, with me as the last drillee... I would wake up in a sweat, and as soon as I went back to sleep the dream would resume!
raynor, I'm surprised you didn't like Life of Pi, although I'm not surprised that you are open about your dislike of it. You liked Curious Incident of the Dog, didn't you? I guess maybe that's not a good comparison.
you know NOTHING! but if you want to find out, come to the rendezvous point at the appropriate time, ... and then you will learn ALLLLLL ! p.s. my orangina looks quite nice, as does my new carol-crochet monster sweater :) show-n-tell, manana.
Post a Comment