


Agent Gray has some cute pics of her wearing my pink Lucky Cardigan, but they are nowhere to be found! I wish she would send them to me, or put them on her blog. As you can see, I modified the pattern to make one of the ties super long, long enough to wrap around the back and meet the other tie on the opposite side. I'm not sure if I really like it like this, partly because the slit I made in the side seam to thread the long tie through is a little higher up than I think I want it to be. Some folks would say, "Go back and fix it." I probably will someday, but for now I just want to frolic around in my Lucky because it is FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY finished. Now if only it weren't 103 degrees outside, I could wear it. I apologise for the doofy pictures, but I was so happy to be done that I could not wait for someone else to take the shots.
I can't tell, is it a little big? It's supposed to be a wrap, so it can't be totally fitted... I can't see it being any smaller and not feel too small. I guess I can deal with the slouchiness of the front wrap, since it's pink and lacy and so otherwise very grrrly. Agent Gray, you don't get to keep it if people think it's too big. I will wear a too-big handknit Rowan sweater. Till I DIE!
Otherwise not much knitting news. I've been watching a lot of movies with subtitles so I haven't done much knitting these days. I hope someday to end this string of foreign films and return to classic independent cinema filmed in English. More knitting gets done that way. I can usually knit without looking, but right now I'm working on socks with yarn that is a wee bit splitty, so I like to watch what I'm doing on these.
5 comments:
it IS too big! IT'S MINE, MINE, ALL MINE!!!! happy birthday to me, merry christmas to me, oh LUCKY me me, me me me, .... thanks!
i'm busy crochet'ing away on a rowan wrappy thingy. a 'quartz' (purple) version of the cover wrap of the 'classic holiday' book. i'm on ball #4, it calls for 5 balls, so of course i got 6 balls. don't think i'll use the 6th, but as you know, i'm NOT afraid of stash! kisses!
p.s. i got some red yarn today. i think it's called "racy". it's ribbon twist. oh, what a pretty red it is! it was a gift from mr. crumbles.
Thanks for all the Lucky compliments. I can't believe I was able to finish it in such a relatively short amount of time.
ooh la la lucky!! great job!
what's pinky going to knit now?
Post a Comment