
The cotton is soooooper soft and I am enjoying working with it, even though it likes to slip off my addi-turbos when I'm not looking. Mind you, my only needle choice for this project is addis, because I only have one set of size 11 needles. I am NOT a chunky-knit kind of girl, this I am remembering. I feel like I'm using broomsticks! In any case, I am luxuriating in the relative speed of the knitting: the pattern is easy, and it IS knit on 11s, so I don't expect this project to take very long. Oooh! And here I was hoping that I could make a dent in my stash! I guess maybe it's better that I just go ahead and knit this up right out of the shipping box, that'll at least keep the yarn away from the stash bins.
Also, a thank you to elann for FINALLY changing their print advertisements! I swore up and down that I would never purchase from them as long as they kept publishing the doofy picture of the girl on the beach in the white lace sweater. I noticed when I got my new IK that there is a different ad: just in time for me to buy the Pakucho.
I think this will be a quickie project, so already I am looking ahead to the next one. The weather is only marginally better so I'm not ready to start in with the furry wools yet, otherwise I'd start the cabled afghan from the spicy red Lamb's Pride. Any ideas, kids?
p.s. GY ladies: I miss you all so much! It just makes me look forward to Vermont all the more.
6 comments:
Lucky is gorgeous! I love surplice tops :)
The GY misses you too A. Scarlett-- come back sooon!
devilkitty needs a blog too, i think she secretly crochets beautiful things (for us?)!
Hi, I'm new to your blog and liking it! Don't you love working with that organic cotton, I'm knittingup that very same color and I think it's GREAT! Also, your lucky wrap turned out superb!
To all: I agree that devilkitty needs her own blog... I hope that once she starts it up she will let everyone know where to find it.
sarah: thanks for stopping by! come back and see us here in pinkyland.
ooooh, pinky is knitting another sweater for her favorite knitting girl, ms. gray la gran! pinky is so good to gray! kisses!
sweetheart, i'm kinda craving another posting. show me your cabled sweater!
Post a Comment