Finally somebody has the sleuthing skills worthy of the Case of the Interweave Model: Domesticat figures out who the ubiquitous Interweave Girl is. (Not the red-head, she's new-school and hasn't achieved the same level of ubiquity as the now-revealed CF.) I remember reading somewhere that IK uses non-models for their modeling, like the one lady who turned out to be a book editor (which is why she looked normal and not all modelly). So now we discover that IGirl is Pam Allen's daughter. That makes sense!!
One of the great disappointments of my 14th year (besides young adulthood itself) was not being on the cover of the local paper after a photog had taken a picture of me and my friends walking through the brand new mall that had opened in our neighborhood. What better way to capture the vitality and spirit of a new shopping center than four teenagers, arms linked, laughing and loaded down with shopping bags? Well, someone's father worked for the paper, and so that shot was thrown out in favor of one that would not be tainted with anything as icky as nepotism. I had to wait until college to score a front-page photo, sadly I had to be stranded in the airport in Hartford, CT; I was the pictorial representation of the many travelers grounded while trying to get home for the holidays. A Hartford lawyer saw the picture and sent a copy to my house in Mississippi, correctly deducing that we did not get the Hartford daily and would thus not see the picture otherwise. Good thing we were the only family in the state with my crazy last name!! What a nice gesture; I'm sure my mom still has the picture and letter in a box somewhere.
So, nepotism schnepotism. I'll find my own way to stardom if I can't hang off my father's coattails. In other news, I just got my big box o' books from the Chronicle Summer Clearance Sale, and inside is the Jenny Hart Stitch-It Kit!! It only took three f'in weeks for my books to get here, but I am so excited that I might put off opening the box for a little while longer. It's been so long since I placed my order that I can't really remember which books I ended up ordering. It's like Christmas! (To compare, I ordered my Pakucho cotton from elann.com on the same day, and I am just now getting my books on the same day that I have completed the knitting for the Pakucho project. How's that for speedy?) (Oh did you want to see the Cable-8 top? I'll take some pix later. Right now I'm trying to figure out what project to take with me to Minneapolis. I leave tomorrow!!)
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you MUST NOT leave town w/o pictures! whaaa! p.s. bring me back a surprise! kisses, have fun!
Post a Comment