It seems I can't stop with the G thing. However, I am delaying (for no reason) posting my H-is-for, so instead I am having fun with G. (Fun with G! Fun with G!)
So I think I should make Jerk Hats for all the jerks I know, and require them to wear the hat. (How? Not sure. This isn't a practical idea by any stretch.)
REASONS
1. Other folks should know if someone is a proven jerk. Last week I saw My Last Boyfriend (yes, the one for whom I knit the blue alpaca hat) out on a date with some poor unsuspecting chick. It was all I could do to flee the scene and NOT go back and warn her in excited yet clear language. (As in, I drove directly to a bar and ordered the most delicious beer available.)
2. I have trouble remembering other people's jerkiness. If, say, a cute boy that I know happens to be wearing the handmade jerk hat, it will be easier for me to look away and not drool. This isn't the same guy as in #1 although if I'd made him the jerk hat when I found out about his level of jerkdom, I would have saved myself a good seven months of whingeing.
So what do you think? I suggest a movement of jerkhat-making and jerkhat-distribution, and one day you'll be walking down the street and a handsome jerk-hatted jerk will smile at you and you will have no problem making your perfunctory nod of acknowlegment and serenely walking on. Some unknown knitter out there is sending us a valuable message, and we'd all be wise to pay heed.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment