
In no way do I advocate the civilian use of the Hummer. I give the finger to everyone I see driving them, no matter where or when. Unless you can give me a superduper good excuse to drive one of these around town, then I think you truly deserve my finger-giving and probably a lot of other gestures that you are too clueless to notice.
However, if you want to grab attention at a trade show, paint a Hummer with your product's logo and park it on the show floor. Some of you may know that I went to Charlotte, NC, this past weekend for the Specialty Coffee Association of America Annual Conference (2006, doy). I had a swell time and saw lots of fun and interesting stuff. And just in case the owners of the Hummer in question think I'm slamming their product, I'm NOT! I took a picture of your booth!! I tried (and liked) your coffee. Nothin' but love here.
Gentle, kittenish readers, I cannot emphasize enough how awesome coffee-people are. Most of the folks I met this weekend were incredible, and if I weren't already in the industry then I would have jumped on it right there. And this is just a reference to how fun they are to hang out with -- I haven't even got to the part where I exclaim how HOTT so many of the coffee guys are. Whaddam!! The Counter Culture/Volcafe party on Saturday was packed to the gills ... and at this point my memories become both hazy and unfit for a knitting blog. Just, trust me. Fun times.

If you're ever in Charlotte and looking for a buzz, stop by their cupping room, which is in a beautiful building that made us all say "I wish I had an apartment here!" Sort of "refurbished warehouse" atmosphere, something I normally don't go for, but my attentive readers know that I am in my interior-design phase. So, H is for Hummer, don't drive one, drink good coffee, you can't find anything open in Charlotte on Sunday, and eat your vegetables.
3 comments:
I totally agree with you on the Hummers. You usually see only one person riding in them!! What a waste of gas. They always make me think of big army guys with guns. :) All your talk about coffee is killing me! I wish my stomach wasn't so messed up, as I'd love to try out the new blend a local roaster has out.
sweetie, show me the knitting!
Okies, here's a question. who made 518's old coffee, and what was the blend name? ;) My company buys assbucks coffee for our machine, and I'm tired of drinking crap! Help me oh wise one!
Oh yeah, and return 'Kung Fu Hustle' so I can watch it!!! ;)
Post a Comment