Thursday, June 08, 2006

"erlack!"

My house-moving is progressing, slowly but surely. Most rooms appear as though there is something going on that's like packing and moving. I think once my home-base moves to elsewhere, I'll feel more inspired to pack up my pots-n-pans and all that. My living room, sadly, appears mostly intact. When are the packing fairies showing up? They're late!

All of this is to say, I will be away for a bit, while I pack up ole Compy and take her somewhere new, where the internet connection is promised, but you know how computers are in a new house. Sometimes they freak out and need some time to calm down and get used to their new surroundings. Sadly, all the packing and junk has gotten in the way of my knitting, so there's not a whole lot to write about anyway. I think I found my "team" for the Amazing Lace, but the swift is about to be packed so I won't be starting for at least another week. Also, I must finish the shawl I'm knitting now before I can begin anything else. I am only ten rows and a crochet-bindoff away from the end! I can't decide whether or not to try to add beads to the crochet-chain loops that form the bottom edge of the triangular shawl. Any ideas, hints, or suggestions? I like the way beads add a little bit of glimmer and weight to the edge, but I'm not sure if adding a new feature is going to help me get this project finished anytime soon.

Also, my iPod, Mr. Superfine, celebrated his 5000th song this week! He is currently at 5002 with 4.7 GB left. Unfortunately the load has caused him to slow down, or maybe he's just inching towards middle age. As am I: I only have a month left of my glorious 20s before I finally reach the magical age of THIRTY! I'm not sure what I'll be doing for my birthday this year, but you can sure bet I'll be wearing my "Kiss Me It's My Birthday" tights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good move!! : )