
Yay for shamrocks! Watching my little green friend grow gives me lots of Irish pride, but also some green-thumb pride. I am so skilled at killing off plants, that it is nothing but LUCK that has kept this one alive. The success of this plant makes me think that I could take more on, but not just yet... I don't want to press my luck.
Speaking of Lucky, let's revisit my cardiganish triumph from last summer. Why not?

Eek! My hair is so short in that picture! I got to admire my Lucky Clover cardi this weekend as I washed and reblocked it for storage. It's been so hot already this summer that it's a good bet that I won't be wearing it again for another few months. However, lots of other handknits have been stepping up to the plate, specifically the Hemp Tank twins. I advise all Southern knitters to give hemp a try: the fabric is cool and light, and if you wash and dry by machine, the relatively stiff as-you-knit yarn softens up considerably. My hemp tanks are probably the softest handknits I own, apart from items of alpaca and cashmere. Seriously!!
3 comments:
there's my lucky !
That cardi is cute. You definitely won't be wear that for awhile given our heat.
I've knit with hemp before but don't find so many patterns suited for it. Where did you get the patterns you used?
Nice cardi. It was FUN FUN hanging out with you at Stitch & Bitch the other night!
Post a Comment