
If I looked exactly like that, I'd be jealous too. However I don't look like that, because my face is not always preceded by my photo-enhancement software. Though in that picture I do look like a rock starlet. The only time I've ever actually felt that way was last month when my dad introduced me to all his colleagues and some legislator-folk he knew and they were all, "It's so nice to meet you finally! etc etc" like I was some special attraction. I was just on the sassy side of drunk (not drunk, just sassy) and goaded the Democrat senator into keeping an eye on my conservative father lest he "get out of hand." Multiply this times twenty and a sugar high... oh the memories.
Actually, my dad and I have had dinner together, just the two of us, twice in the past few months, with a couple more dates coming up. I live near the state capitol and near the Big Universities so he comes to visit fairly often. The dinner we had last week to celebrate my thirtieth birthday (what? me? 30?) was very enlightening. As in, days later it's all making sense to me now, all the things he told me. It was no ordinary dinner conversation, not for me. It was, "There are turning points in one's life, I've had them, you are having them, consider the accomplishments and the regrets of those who have gone before you." It makes me wonder if the reason I have such a struggle with my family is because we "go our own way" and I'm most "going-own-way" of us all. Speaking of...

It's a good thing I got my hair done in time for the family reunion.
(Ooh and you can see that my eyes are green! It's true! Green-eyed Pinky!)
4 comments:
sweetie pie, i'm a wee bit confused. did you color your hair, or did you photoshop your hair?
Great self portraits! I love your hair
Those pictures are neat looking! They make me think of makeup ads.
does pinky knit anymore ?
Post a Comment