Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sockpal 4 signups!

Hey everyone!

'Tis the season for reviving the Little Pink Blog, as two very excited knitting phenomena are underway.

First is Sockapalooza 4. The signups are currently open but who knows how much longer that will last (maybe till the end of today, April 12, 2007). I participated in sockpalling last spring (wow it feels like it was eons ago) and it was a lot of fun. Okay, that's not entirely honest. The last-minute finishing my socks brought me to tears (briefly, and not tears of relief) but in the end the experience was well worth it, and I got to meet some cool knitters along the way. Like, say, Rebekah, who recieved the socks I knit, and MamaE, who knit the socks that I received.

Second would be the SeaSocks cruise, where the aforementioned MamaE will be a featured yarn diva. You would think I wouldn't care about something like this, except I will be on that cruise!! Things are falling into place prep-wise: my passport is current, my new swimsuit fits and flatters, and I am constantly crossing things off my "to-do before cruise" list. Yay! If you will be on the cruise, please leave a comment!

Perhaps in gearing up for cruiseyness, I will take the time to get some photos of what I've been working on knit-wise, just to catch you all up. Work has completely consumed my life in the craziest way, and after enduring many crises regarding that fact ("should I be doing this? when do I get my life back?") I've decided to keep on with my new job. I still don't have the time to knit a lot and blog about it, but I'm still working out the whole balancing act. In the meantime, I'm letting the customers on my account list know that I will be knitting on the Pacific for a few weeks and if they have any problems, calling me will not help. I'm debating about whether or not to try and keep up with work during the cruise, so I'm hoping that there won't be internet access on the ship, and that will make the decision for me. :)

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Great to see a post from you, girl!

Lucky you with the cruise!! I hope you all have fun! Does that mean no MDSW?

gray la gran said...

are you really going on a cruise?!