
I know! A picture of actual knitting progress! AMAZING!
I haven't really been doing much knitting recently, but that's had more to do with work than with the fact that I'm sinking a lot of time into ravelry. I've been trying to explain ravelry to my friends as "MySpace for knitters, but useful as opposed to just time-sucking" and they roll their eyes like such a dorky concept could not possible be a real thing in the world. I really think that non-knitters have no idea how many active, passionate knitters are stitching around them. And I look at some people who I think would probably be knitters (you know, because they're cool and interesting) and I am shocked to find out that they don't know how and don't want to learn. Well, why the hell not?
So, back to the above picture. Those are the socks that I am making for my SockPal (and not agent gray, sorry!). I have been going back and forth in my mind while knitting these: are they the right color? The right yarn? A pattern she will like? Well, at this point, they are hers. As much as I want them for my own, I can't think of what else I might make for this person that I wouldn't want for myself as well. See, the double-edged sword of this situation is that my SockPal and I have very similar tastes, and pretty much the same sized feet. So whatever I make for her is automatically great for me too. I should start assembling the care package that the socks will be sent in, hmm.
I am not following the pattern exactly. In fact, I can't find my print-out of the pattern with my notes on the first sock, so I'm really winging it at this point. I am working what I think is the Eye of the Partridge heel, I've never seen directions for it but am approximating what I THINK it's supposed to be like, but I'm calling it Eye of the Tiger because that pleases me. It's the Eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the heel, rising up to the short rows and the gussets!
I am not fishing for birthday wishes. Did I ever even say when my birthday was?
4 comments:
no! you never did (say when your birthday is!) and ... if you let me go out with you again w/o knowing ... well ! damn you! damn yarn! really!!!
by the way ... i still love my sockens ... though you keep refering to them as your "sock pal's" ... i mean , ... sheesh !
OK, well, if you're fishing for b-day wishes it must be soon. So I'm going to try to be the first to say happy birthday, and you'll just have to save it for the right day!
BTW, the Monkeys are perfect. Great pattern, great color. And the Eye of the Tiger heels - well, I'll be humming that all day, thank you very much!
Mwahahaha - after going to leave b-day wishes for Rose, I find out that today really is the day! So I hope it's a great one - being Friday the 13th and all!
you really should start putting together your sockpals package, that way when your done with the socks you can quickly toss them in the box, tape it shut and mail it!
Those are some lovely monkeys! the colors are fab, they would be hard to give away.
hmm.. your birthday is soon, huh? well I hope its a good one : )
Post a Comment