Thursday, February 10, 2005

Yayyayayayayayayy!

I have finally completed the Teva Turtle Shrug from Scarf Style... as soon as I can con someone into taking a picture of me wearing it, you'll get to see it! Oh, and I guess I have to weave in the ends too. But in my head, I want to think of it as finished.

Now that I have "finished" that project I can finally cast on for Clapotis. I know that everyone in bloggyland is making one, but what I really like about the project is that everyone's Clap looks different from the others. Don't you want to see the yarn I'm going to use?



Southwest Trading Company Bamboo in colorway Tequila. Ooh! I am sooo excited! I don't have a printer at home so I print my patterns out at the liberry, so like a good girl, I held off on printing out the Clap instructions until a couple days ago.

I made a pit stop at AC Moore the other day to grab some fisherman's wool for the Dye Party on Tuesday (which I ended up missing due to illness) and my Beau picked out some yarn for a hat. His bald little head sure gets cold... It's Patons Classic Wool in "Tree Bark Mix" = brown/green/grey muddiness. Hey, he picked it out. The yarn is soft though, and I think I'll enjoy knitting with it. I've already warned him not to put the hat in the washer. The fisherman's wool I will keep and probably use that for home experiments in dying. I don't know why I want to take on another hobby, but I think some hand-dyed yarn would be fun to have. :)

No comments: