

My astute and good-looking readers will notice that the yarn is TOTALLY CRAZY with PINKNESS! One might think that a "Pink Acrylique" type of person would just love that, but I swear I really am still trying to make amends with this color. I really intended this sweater to be a fade-into-the-background kind of thing suited for weddings, cello recitals, ribbon-cutting ceremonies. You know, the sort of occasion where I am NOT the one everyone came to see. This yarn is PINK! This yarn says, "You are here to see ME!" While knitting at LYS yesterday, everyone made comments about my project because they couldn't help but see the yarn glowing in the center of the table.
On the other hand, this yarn is great because of the way it smells. Some folks may know that I am a yarn-sniffer. I love the sheepy smells of rustic wool. I love the vinegar odor of hand-painted yarns. I even think the funny "can't put my finger on it" aroma of silk is worth sniffing out. But this 4-ply cotton is so... planty! I love it. It smells like some cotton item from my childhood, and whenever I lift my work to my face and inhale, I am taken back to Hattiesburg, MS, circa 1982. I love it.
A lot of bloggers working on the Clover cardi have remarked on the endless 1x1 ribbing for the wrap ties. I decided that I would break the monotony by working a little at a time, just like I did for the crochet rings of Interlocking Rings. (Won't someone please come to my house and take a picture of me wearing that?) I have already made two feet without being in a situation where I am just sitting and knitting. It has been to two concerts, two workplaces, and was taken on a short car ride.
Just a quick note of thanks to my superspeedy Secret Pal!!

My loving and attentive readers will notice that my Secret Pal sent me yarn in KAREN RED! What a swell babe! I personally have limited access to Debbie Bliss yarns, so this is a perfect gift! I myself am almost out the door to send my first Secret Pal package. tee hee!
1 comment:
Hi, linked to your blog from knitting-ring. I have to say this.. Gosh! That cardi looks fabulous!
Kessa
Post a Comment