Monday, January 02, 2006

brushes with fame

In my line of "work," it is my duty to package products to send all over the world for the delight and caffeination of customers of all kinds. Notable orders filled, for me at least, was an order last fall for an old neighbor of mine in Michigan, and also an order I filled this morning that shipped to the teensy tiny town where little Pinky Acrylique was born.

This afternoon's orders brought a pleasure of a different kind: we shipped an order to an honest-to-jeebus FAMOUS PERSON! And when I tell you who it is, you will either say "That person isn't famous, I've never heard of her," or you will say "NO SHIT! That's wild!!" And your response will, for better or worse, tell a lot about the kind of person you are.

Sadly, I was the only one at my workplace who was remotely impressed by the fact that we shipped to Candida Royalle!! I guess it says quite a bit about me that I instantly recognized the name and got all excited. I mean, she's not on the level of, say, Bill Clinton, or Aretha Franklin. She's probably not even as well known as some B-list Hollywood starlets, like the kind you see on Go Fug Yourself. But she IS a porn star, a true porn star in a world of wannabes and fakers. She's such a star that she even directs her own films now AND has a line of personal massage products.

So there. My first Brush With Fame for 2006!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that Fug site! And people who don't know who Candida is have issues.