While I was away, Team Kimono got together for a team photo.

Behold the black merino laceweight that I purchased for wicked cheap at the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival last fall. Its label has a pair of little dogs on it, and they are lying on a grey band that reads "Super Due Merino." Now, if you are like me, you see "Super Due" and think "Husker Du." So don't be surprised if I refer to this yarn in the future as the Husker Du Merino. The rest of the label is in a variety of unEnglish languages, indicating to me that this yarn is "irrestringibile" and also "lavabile in lavatrice." I am fairly sure that "lavabile in lavatrice" is the same as my favorite German word, "waschmachinenfest." (It's a laundry party!) Rest assured I will not try to wash my lace shawl in the waschmachine. The most important information is, thankfully, unconfusing: "yds. 1531." Plenty of yarn to make the Kimono Shawl in Cheryl Oberle's superb Folk Shawls. It is an oblong rectangular shawl in a somewhat simple small lace repeat with garter stitch edges. I was considering something more elaborate for my Amazing Lace project, but like I said, this team sort of assembled itself. Also, as you can see, this team also ganked my iPod and was rocking out with it when I came home. Usually I am very protective of Mr. Superfine but I figure the laceweight yarn is even more delicate (although at a cost of TEN FRIGGIN BUCKS it is considerably less expensive) and should itself be guarded against the nefarious, worldwise tricks of the iPod. I will start to worry if I find new playlists on Mr. Superfine's menu, playlists that I didn't create.
Oh c'mon! Everyone else is anthropomorphizing their yarn! Why can't I?
3 comments:
*L* I love how your sneaky world wise ipod made quick friends with Husker Du Merino! Great team, good luck :)
yeah team! go-team-go! now i must go look for my husker du and book . . . we could be twins !
how's the move going? miss you!
Post a Comment