Did I make a sock with Rowan Wool Cotton using IK's Simply Lovely Lace?

Maybe.
Might I have worked up some Socks That Rock in Elfine's Lace?

I might.
Would I dare begin a Badcaul with Koigu and STOP in the middle of a short-row heel?

I guess.
In the midst of all this, is it even possible that I would have cast on for YET ANOTHER pair of socks, this time the Zokni pattern using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock?

It's possible. And mind-boggling!!
I decided weeks before Socktoberfest even began that I would try to avoid the whole Second Sock Slog by simply not making second socks after finishing the first of the pair. Generally I am pretty good about casting on for mates as soon as I finish a singular sock, so I thought I'd give myself a pass this time, so I don't get too bogged down with any one pattern, and if I don't feel like turning a heel at any given time, I can just work on any of the other socks I'm making. The trick is, when will I make the mates? That's what November is for, I suppose.
How have I rewarded myself for all this hard work?

Look at it! In all its template-screwing glory! If you, gentle reader, have not yet created a "yarnpr0n" folder in your bookmarks, do it NOW! When you accidentally end up at a site that sells pretty yarns, throw 'em in your folder and visit often. That way, when a shop like RubySapphire posts new yarns, you can get on top of that purchase. I cannot emphasize enough the value of time spent trolling around etsy and other online shops. The best ones will be small operations with at most a handful of people working on the yarn, people who are doing it because they love yarn and they love color.
I don't really need more sock yarn, or more red yarn for that matter, but I have NO regrets about buying this hank named "Naomi," because the yarn is just perfect perfect perfect! And it probably would have been much better for the Badcaul pattern than the Koigu that I am using now. You know what they say about hindsight.
1 comment:
*L* yes, that's what November is for!
Post a Comment