Wednesday, October 04, 2006

SUCH A BAD MOOD

I'm in SUCH A BAD MOOD that I don't care that I am using all-caps to say it. Don't like it? I don't care. Guess what! I'm IN SUCH A BAD MOOD!

Work was effin' terrible, and to top it off, I have to look at other people wear ugly clothes. I get made fun of for my beautiful new shirt from Alternative Apparel (yeah, screw you, American Apparel) but I have to feel guilty for slagging others who wear clothes that are not only un-classy and five-minutes-ago trendy, but are also cheap and unflattering? Okay, whatever. I'm in (I hear) a bad mood. (And if you think camouflage cannot possibly flatter me, then you should call me and invite me over to your house for coffee and crumpets, and I will wear my shirt and you will squeal with delight.) I revel in the gofugyourselves of the world. I like to point and laugh at others, thinking, "At least I look like crap and KNOW IT! You have no CLUE! You make me want to use ALL CAPS!"

Finally someone else wants to speak out on the affront that is the "Croc". I understand that they might be comfortable and easy to take care of. I understand that I am historically resistant to certain "good things" at first (Danskos, Yo La Tengo, corduroy). But, jeez! "I have optical cancer, and I want to give it to you." <-- That's what a Croc has always said to me, and it says it to others as well. HapHazard, I know you are a Croc wearer. I'm sorry, this is the one time during which I cannot stand behind you. Chalk it up to my BAD MOOD!! [Edited to add: Crocs also made the DON'T column at Vice. Hooray!]

I know that this is in my top-ten of worst posts ever. It is really just an excuse to link to consumerist.com, a site I like to frequent for its cutting insights and amusing posts. Also, I want to come clean about my Croc feelings, and I also need to tell EVERYONE what a BAD MOOD I'm in!! There's nothing for it but some Ben & Jerry's and possibly some Law & Order. Not even knitting is able to dig me out of this hole; I already tried.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remind them how dangerous dpns can be ; ) hehehe!
Personally, I don't care what a person wears. As long as there isn't too much clevage or their butt is hanging out (ew!) You should see some of the outfits my kids come up with!

gray la gran said...

whooo, pinky IS in a bad mood! i hope it passes, and doesn't interfere with knitting pretty things, and that you come and visit me soon ... perhaps petting some cashmere will make you feel better? or telling your girlfriend how much you love her inspite of her shoe-du-jour?

gray la gran said...

ps, i got some new dansko's! they're professional black patent leather ! and i got them in shelby ... would you believe shelby has a decent shoe store?!

Laura said...

Whenever I hear about those it immediately makes me think of my parents saying somethings a crock of shit. With those shoes being widely popular here I'm frequently having a potty mind. I hope you are happier soon. :)

f. pea said...

thank you for exposing the truth about those fuggin crocs. at last, rational fashion advice. and ps, i love your bad mood and your capital letters. i am having myself some of that very mood today. i think i'll go tell someone to GO TO HELL! (not you, though - that was just an example).