Wednesday, January 12, 2005

bo-o-o-o-ring

Not much news right now... I bought some fabric to make the knitting needle case in Stitch n Bitch but decided that cleaning the apartment was more fun than potentially breaking the sewing machine. Tonight we met at Ooh La Latte in Durham for the rare KIP (knit-in-public) and I worked on both a Guinness and the back of my vest. What can I say? The back of the vest is a lot of back and forth stockinette... booooooring! I've already shaped the armholes and have at least another inch or two before I have to attack the anxiety-inducing short-row shoulder-shaping. It's not that I am afraid of short rows; I'm afraid that I don't remember the shaping I did for the front side of the vest. What? "Write it down"? Why do you say that? That would take all the fun guesswork out of my knitting!

Reading other knitting blogs makes me think that other people simply have more time in the day than I do. I only get about 24 hours each day but it looks like everyone else is so organised that they squeeze in a few extra hours. Amazing!! As a tribute to organisation I cleaned out my kitchen cupboard, and ended up throwing out foodstuffs that I have moved from house to house for years... there were even a few items that, I am ashamed to report, were about to turn ten years old. Whoa! I'm glad I intervened when I did. The rest of the afternoon I spent working the mix cd for The Guy Who Hates Music with Lyrics, who is himself responsible for my not getting out of bed today until 2:30 p.m. Thanks, man. [Wait, could this explain why I seem to never have as much time as anyone else?]

No comments: