Monday, January 03, 2005

no pictures today

I'd love to show you the wonderful progress I'm making on Argyle Vest but I am having issues with buying a digital camera. Tonight I spent an hour in The Most Hated Store (Best Buy) waiting for someone to help me, only to find out that the model that I wanted was sold out. I knew going into the store what I wanted, but apparently there is only person in the store that can inform me about what's in stock. I'm more than a little vexed. I am very glad that I had a book with me to read while I waited for the little man to scurry about. The good part about their being sold out of my camera is that I didn't have to end the experience with giving them hundreds of dollars.

That having been said, I am indeed making progress on the mysterious Argyle Vest: I am halfway through the argyling of the back... which is the second piece, which means that once the argyling is done I am pretty much home free!! The only thing that gives me pause about this piece is that I can only think to wear it with either a white tshirt or a white oxford collared shirt. I don't really have anything else that would go under it. But then again, even if I wear it two or three times with the white tshirt, and maybe some jeans, then I will be pleased... It will have cost me about six dollars per wearing, but the joy of sporting something you made (and designed!) yourself is, as they say, priceless. I promise I'll have pictures as soon as the technology is made available to me.

The navy blue Teva Turtle Shrug is moving along, too. I watched more Freaks and Geeks last night and by the end of the disc I had most of a sleeve completed. I'm using cheapo merino "luxury cashmere" from AC Moore, which isn't splitting like most cheapo yarns, so the knitting experience is pleasant. I'm wondering, though, how well the yarn will wear. I envision much pilling. But, it's a fun little project that wasn't meant to withstand a lot of rugged use (like socks or gloves) so as long as it doesn't attract too much lint I'll be ok.

Nothing else on the knitting front... I keep telling myself that I can't start anything else until I get one of the above projects finished. The Retro Rib socks from the most recent Interweave Knits look nice, and goodness knows I've got loads of sock yarn just sitting around. Years ago I bought a pretty blue marled wool/cotton mix to make socks for my sister-in-law, who has since declined to have her feet measured for the "Karen Makes Socks For Everyone" project (ongoing). No problem, I'll just use the yarn for me then.

No comments: