

Additionally, I worked on poor neglected Pink Noodle (aka Ms. Ruffles) for a bit, and began work on the Embellishment for Accidental Chapeau de Beau. I will post pictures when those little guys are complete.
In my fantasy knitting world, I am dreaming of doing *something* with all these great yarns I've got in my stash for no apparent reason. I have 13 balls of dove-grey Classic Elite LaGran mohair (some may know this as the namesake for Agent Gray LaGran) that I think wants to be one of those long cardigans so popular a few years ago as "dusters." I was digging through my stash looking for the Berroco Plush for Rachel's Sheepy Blanket when I found the rest of the Jaeger Cadiz silk/? blend in pretty burnt orange: meant to be a tank top but, who knows? Perhaps it will still be so. Trawling through the stash turned up all sorts of goodies, particularly all the chemocaps I made a few years ago and then never donated. I vow to contact the UNC Cancer Center soon to find a way to get them into the hands and onto the heads of the people who need them. (They are all made of Berroco Chinchilla with the pattern from Patternworks, in jaunty jewel tones.) I found the golden possum-fur yarn, the khaki sock yarn, the ill-fated Mississippi Bikini, and the reviled Sculptured Knits tank top. Readers will probably see me in the future gleefully ripping out said tank top and reknitting it, because there is no way in the world it would ever fit me in a way that I would wear it in public, and otherwise it's just a waste to have in the stash.
I considered giving it to someone else, but I wouldn't even inflict it on a friend or enemy. The problem is the pattern: my finished top matches the schematic exactly, yet it fits for shit, and you can't tell from the way the photographed model is posed that the top is basically a shapeless sack with lace on top and some straps. I know that February was the month for fixes, but I say it's never the wrong time.
No comments:
Post a Comment