Thursday, March 03, 2005

Jerry Springer gloves!

Finally! I have finished the Jerry Springer gloves...



I bought this yarn EONS ago, so eonically ago that it was one of my first REAL YARN purchases (ie from a yarn purveyor and not a craft chain store, 100% wool and not acrylic... not that there's anything wrong with acrylique). I was wanting to learn to knit in the round, and so purchased some dpn's and a hank of variegated wool (not yet knowing how variegated yarns' colors will pool in ways that make me INSANE). In fact, there is a picture somewhere of me casting on for the first time with this yarn. I'll have to look for it. Anyway, I say "the first time" because this project is the absolute pinnacle of that Thing That I Like To Do: make something, rip it out completely, make something entirely different, maybe even rip and re-knit one or more extra times. This purple yarn was first made into mittens, but I didn't like how open the knit was on the mittens because they did not keep my hands warm in windy conditions. Next, the mittens became a Show Purse: you know, the bag you take to concerts that hold your id, your keys, and beer money. Now, they are gloves!

No comments: