Friday, March 31, 2006

bound to happen

It was bound to happen at one time or another: I am mad at both jobs. Usually, having two jobs means I can pit one against the other in times of trouble, sort of like having two roommates. ("Oh yeah, well you can stuff it, I'll just go clock in somewhere else for a while! You'll miss me then!") Except my jobs never EVER gang up against me... only that's just what they did today. So thank you, you bastards, for making me want to stick knives in my eyes. That's the perfect way to spend a Friday night!

I can't complain, though, because it was beautiful out today AND there are links galore for you to admire. Old linx, but linx anyway.

Link One is courtesy of susanstars. Have you always always ALWAYS wanted a knitting circle of your very own but weren't sure how to begin? Let the Ladies of Tuesday describe for you how they met with success.

Link Two has probably already been linked to death at this point, especially since the song in question (the now-infamous "It's Carrboro!") was covered into today's Raleigh News & Observer. I guess what I really want to say is, if you want to be in the video for the song, get in line for the Dennis Kucinich role, because I've already called dibs on it. While you're at CustomSerenade.com, why not buy yourself a custom song? Lord knows I cherish my own personal birthday rap, which made me cry with joy at the kickball party last July.

Word on the street is that I should move to Massachusetts toute de suite while they will still marry "anyone to anything" (neocon rhetoric for same-sex marriage), because then maybe I can finally legalize my forever-union with my iPod. The bloom is still on the rose with that one, until it teams up with my jobs and my roommate and my car and then everyone will hate me. Except my mom who is leaving for CHINA tomorrow!

3 comments:

gray la gran said...

sweetheart, you're not getting off that easily, because your girlfriend will always love you! and she might even let you touch her stash!!!

gray la gran said...

ps, ask your mommie to bring us some chinese goodies back from her trip!

Laura said...

I don't hate you!... That sounded rather elementary school...My mom has always threatened to move to China; usually when we're driving her crazy. :)