No worries, folks. I've returned from my week away, touring various yarn and fabric shops, eating incredible vegetarian food (this includes dining at my mum's house), and having a good time. I start my new job tomorrow... if I survive I'll post all about my vacation (and perhaps about J-O-B as well).
On the drive home, I started making a list of all the things that I hate about knitting blogs, until I came to "people who are negative all the time" and that put an end to my list. We all have our petty grievances but there's no point in listing what mine are, especially if one of them is "people who post negative things in order to elicit support for their negativity." Don't like knitalong trends? Don't join in. Don't like eyelash yarn? Don't buy it. Don't like someone's blog? Don't read it. Now, making a list of the reasons I LOVE Knitblogland could take a while. How did knitters KNIT before blogs? Because knitting is so much more than just you and your sticks and your string, it's about finding new ideas, looking at old ideas in new ways, and occasionally getting support for when you hit a "knitting funk."
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kudos to you! It gets really old when all someone does is complain. I'm glad you're back!
You are too funny.
"people who post negative things in order to elicit support for their negativity."
I know exactly what you are talking about on this one. I don't mind hearing about life and the occasional complaint but I don't come to blogland to read about problems. I got enough of my own.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Since you brought up vegetarian food. Is their any place in Raleigh for great vegetarian food other than Whole Foods?
Post a Comment