There is a difference between searching for "sock yarn" and searching for "so k yarn." I defy you to tell me, right now, without thinking real hard, what that difference is! Oh, you got it? That quickly? Then how come it took me forever?!
No sleep! That's why! Also, no red wine. It appears that I have not refreshed the cellar in over a month. Otherwise, life is lurvely. My camera is out of battery power, so you all will just have to take it on faith that I'm actually working on a Project Spectrum project (pink socks), that I finally received The Pillows That Will Pull The Room Together, and HOORAY OMG a coffee table! Since I got the coffee table I have spent enormous amounts of time on the couch, because the living room feels "legit" now. Nevermind that the table needs serious refinishing. I'd rather crochet a cozy for it. It was free! What can I say?
What else am I working on? Still searching for "the right fabric" for my new shower curtain, and then when that's settled I can buy a new bathmat and accessories. I started the fat-bottom crochet handbag in Happy Hooker but was so busy laughing at some shit in a podcast that I've had to redo it a few times. (It's red, so it counts as Project Spectrum, and it's also reused from a failed project so it counts as a rescue and a stash-buster! So there!) I've finished Jaywalka Two and am reknitting the foot of One, so I might actually have a pair sometime soon. I have gone through some major "hate issues" with these socks. I don't know if I can keep them or if I will have to give them away.
I'm thinking of moving to C'boro if anyone knows of a person looking for a roommate... The change in my job situation has made me rethink my entire daily routine, and coping with my loudass neighbor is no longer an option. I only have X hours to unwind and sadly those are now the same hours that she chooses to make a fucking ruckus every evening. I hate TVs, but I hate the sound of someone else's TV even more. It's true, I once moved out on a roommate because she never turned her TV off because otherwise she felt "lonely." Okay, if a person thinks a television is "company" and "human interaction" then the problem isn't necessarily the TV. But gimme a break.
Debbie Stoller is coming to town. Get out your pointy sticks and hooks, and come with me to greet her! I'm anticipating a severe crowd, but fortunately knitters know how to entertain themselves.
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooooh, feisty smack-a-roo! try living next door to crack-heads that dig through their 40oz can collection in the wee hours of the night, not to mention the poor puppy they keep tied up on a 2' leash ---- just crying and howling!
hey, i'm coming to town tomorrow to see ms. stoller. i would wear butterfly, but she's all wet and blocking. i don't want to show up dripping, and smelling like a wet sheep.
get a good night's sleep, and i'll see you tomorrow!
Whoa, having lived next to crackheads myself, I can say that YES they make the worst neighbors of all time. Abusive-to-pets is just crazy!!!
Post a Comment