When one is tasked with writing a brief photo-enriched post about a topic that begins with a certain letter, say, G, then one begins to see opportunities everywhere. Sadly, one does not have one's camera handy for said photo-ops. Which is why I am dismayed to report that I did not record the trooping-in of approximately 800 men into the wine bar tonight just as Agent Gray and I were getting ready to go.
I mean, really, a group of three or four guys is nothing to notice, but there was just a huge line, single file, of man after man after man. Some might say, "Pinky, that sounds like your dream come true!" and in some ways it is, but not when each and every man is a polished, preppy, GQer. Let's face it, my taste in men does not coincide with the "mainstream." The best part was that they all marched to the back of the bar, and (it appears) OUT of it, since when we turned around later there was no sign of them.
Besides, no still photo would have worked; I would have had to turn on the little-used "video" function of the camera and then I would have had to figure out a way to upload five minutes of men in sport coats walking through a door. (Help me, flickr!) After all that work, I would have finally figured out that this was a prime example of a "you to be there" kind of thing.
G is for other things. I have plans.
Debbie Stoller was adorable and funny, as usual, sporting insane cleavage and making me wish I were a sexy blonde with a doctorate and a slew of best-selling books. Maybe one day. Now that I think of it, I should have worn the Clover Lace Wrap I knit from SnB Nation, but today has definitely been a day of "staircase wit."
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i thought the bartender had put some magic into our wine! what's that drug that makes you think you're seeing a parade of men? i'm sure it's the same drug that makes them disappear a moment later. creepy!
All I saw was the word "cleavage".
Post a Comment