Monday, May 22, 2006

project spectrum faker

I admit it, I haven't been much of a rah-rah Project Spectrum person, even though I think it's a great idea. Sadly, I don't have a lot of flexibility in my "workflow" as far as knitting goes, I pretty much just work on whatever's there to work on, and keep on until the project is done. Some projects take longer than others. Some projects have deadlines. Some projects suck and get stowed in a dark corner for a while.

Project Spectrum Faker... no more!



Want a little close-up?



It's not so easy to tell, but the crazy-soft alpaca laceweight in the picture is GREEN. A nice, neutral, heathered moss green. The pattern is the Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks. (If life were going better then I could link to it, but ah...)

I feel very Spectrummy when I work on it, which is pretty much any moment that I am at home and without distraction. I love watching the pattern change and the piece grow. Since moving the shawl from the needle to the blocking wires you see above, I have already added several rows. Yeehaw! I can't believe how much I love knitting lace. Knowing this fact, however, kept me from spending all my money at MDSW on sweater yarn, so I could instead splurge on some more... green laceweight!

Speaking of green, I have noticed that in the past few months, I have knit a pair of green and brown socks, I have bought an armful of green and brown yarns, and then purchased a summer wardrobe of (you guessed it) green and brown shirts. (Although I didn't get the camo tshirt I wanted, because I forgot to order it, but I was thinking about it.) Also, blue seems to be popping up a lot for me. I wonder why I am turning away from my color mainstays of red and orange. Let's hope it's just a phase.

I'm not sure what "blue" project I will knit next month, so maybe I will still be struggling through my blue-and-brown (gahh! those colors again!) striped Jill Rib socks. Perhaps I'll still be struggling through this green shawl.

FYI! I'm moving! So there will be a time, soon, when I will not be knitting or posting or any of that. So if anyone has a truck and some burly folk they want to loan me for heavy lifting, etc, I offer up beer and pizza and eternal gratitude in exchange for an afternoon's work.

2 comments:

gray la gran said...

trade you that shawl for the use of my truck! though, a pair of socks would be sufficient payment. call your girlfriend when you need help moving.

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is lovely! Your doing a fantastic job : )
Good luck with your move!