
Here's a deliciously blurry photo of the scarf that my scarf pal sent me. I'd like to blame the blurriness on the fact that I found the scarf package on my doorstep when I got home from the beerfest. What can I say? Things happen.

A closeup of the lace pattern for you. The yarn is Shaeffer Yarn's Anne, which is warm and lightweight, and full of pretty light-catching colors. My pal, the esteemed Kniterella, has more (and better) pictures of the scarf on her blog. In the package she included some candies, cute knitting-themed pencils, and a "whirly pop" like the kind I used to beg my mom to buy me at the McCrory's when I was a kid. Additionally, she wrote a very touching letter about herself and the knitting of the scarf which is now mine!
Thank you, Kniterella!
Now, I just need to wait for my pal to receive her package, which I shipped off yesterday, full of yummy treats like chocolate and cookies and coffee and, oh yeah, a scarf.

Scarf expertly modeled.

Scarf less-expertly modeled.
This is also a Shaeffer yarn, the heavier weight wool called Lola. I think it's funny that I traded a Shaeffer for a different Shaeffer.
2 comments:
awesome scarves!!
I am so happy that you like your scarf -- it looks fabulous on you (even blurry). I loved working with that yarn and grabbed a few skeins for myself in blues! Curious, what did you think of the headband? I'm thinking of making a pattern that is a bit wider...
Post a Comment