Sunday, October 22, 2006

a reminder

Knitters, there is no occasion that is "too fancy" for your handknits. In fact, the colder, rainier, and muddier the event, the more you will need to wrap yourself in sweet warm wool.

beerfest

My beerfest partner (heck, my drinking partner on all occasions) sent me this photo that he took at this year's World Beer Festival. I was kickin' back in the bleachers of the old Durham ballpark, having reached my beer limit and needing a rest. Apparently, wearing fancy hand-dyed handknit socks (knit by last spring's sockpal MamaE) is attention-grabbing. At any rate, they kept my little feetsies warm while I wandered from tent to tent searching for the best beer at the festival. [It was the Kuhnhenn Creme Brulee Java Stout, criminally unavailable in my area.]

4 comments:

Laura said...

They got my attention! I can't believe all the beautiful socks you've made!

Anonymous said...

I loved making those for you!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture, no wait, FABULOUS picture!! Your right, there is no better occasion than a cold wet yucky day! Great socks : )

f. pea said...

I want to transmogrify myself into that picture.