Thursday, May 04, 2006

two things for you to think about

1. I am going to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend. Half of the people I know are excited or jealous, and the other half don't believe me and think I'm using it as a cover story for a beach jaunt (or yet another weekend spent at my junk-dealer's squalid digs). I feel enormously unprepared, and as the sun sets I realize that the most important aspect of this trip, any trip, is still up in the air. Yarn money? you ask. Which vendors to hit first? Who got tha hooch? No, no, a thousand times no! The Most Important Aspect of Any Trip (besides good food) is COFFEE!! Because I can never, never leave my work behind me. I think I might get to take some Bolivian Cup of Excellence with me this weekend = squee!! I'll butter up the roast-boys tomorrow for a sample. (Hmm, I first typed that as "roast-goys" which is only fitting since last night Roast-goy #1 publically called me out for being a GENTILE! But I stand by my pronunciation of the name Chaim.)

2. Has anyone noticed that the Secret Pal 8 blog is of the same colorway as my Secret Pal socks? Further proof that my yarn choice was inevitable. While at Target today purchasing provisions (read: wine cubes) for MDSW, I noticed that a lot of their homewares are featuring this teal-and-brown combo as well, so I feel like a heel (a bit) for loving so avidly what is the trendy color duo. But as I did when cranberry-and-charcoal were the big colors for winter (like, eighteen years ago?) I am buying what I can now to make up for the fallow years when cyclamen-and-turquoise are, sadly, the IT color pair for the spring season. And I got some new sheets since my "new" sheets with the flowers are already falling apart after less than a year's use. I think I may save the topsheet, though, because that's a lot of cute fabric and it's hardly worn. Can anyone recommend a good way for me to recycle it?

1 comment:

gray la gran said...

girlfriend, you've been sucking on that winecube, haven't you? well, get packed and get some rest, and be sure to brush those wine stained teeth before tomorrow! let's go tear up maryland!