...and happily, she's ok. I just got an email from my NOLA friend letting me know that not only are she and her brother out of the city, there were already out of town when the storm hit. Her crew in MS has evacuated to points northwest, and all are healthy and safe. I can read the news with a little less dread now.
In order to conserve gas (and enjoy the freakin' beautiful weather outside) I weaseled out of my waitressing shift tonight. (My drive to the restaurant is a mere 50 miles roundtrip!) (And yes, it's usually worth the drive. $$$) The BF has to work all day so I am going to sit outdoors and knit today, so let's hope I will have something to show for my time off. My "I hate knitting!" mood seems to be waning, as I found myself thinking "What can I start next?" soon after waking up this morning. The fingers are itching!!
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good to hear the good news :)
knit ME something!
betsy: I'm so glad you are comment-enabled now. I LOVE IT when my adorable readers leave comments!
Post a Comment