Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Secret Pal revealed!

My Secret Pal has sent her final Box of Goodness, and has thus revealed her identity. Folks, my Secret Pal this summer is Kit of Kit Knits [or "We Call it Kitting"]! How awesome is that! Again I have discovered a cool new knitblog because of the Secret Pal project. Let's see what she sent this time:



Inside the box is a lot of PINK! I don't want people to be scared of me because I have adopted the color pink as my Online Knitting Signature. (In fact, I recently was electronically accosted by another local blogger who goes by the name of pinky, but for other, non-acrylic reasons. Crazy coincidence!) My actual signature color is RED, something we all know. I am making amends with the color pink, and it looks like my readers are as well. One pink thing was my adorable birthday card, although I realise that I must return the belated birthday wishes to Kit, who appears to be another Cancer. Happy Birthday!! Also pink was the KnitPicks Shimmer in the colorway of Happy Dance, a mix of bright and dark pinks with a shot of lemon yellow running through. Do you think it might become a Cherry Blossom Shawl?



Could be. The pattern was written for a majority-mohair yarn so the openwork would be "filled in" with gossamer fiber, but I think the Shimmer yarn might look very good as a circular shawl. Who knows? Maybe it fluffs up after washing. It's just an idea.

What else? A mix cd, with liner notes! A big fat skein of Fisherman's Wool for any future Dye Parties I might attend. A gorgeous Fibertrends lace shawl pattern (hmm it seems I was born under a lace-shawl sign) and a pair of Addi needles whose insert copy is in CYRILLIC!! In a mo I'm going to take the time to translate (transliterate?) the text and delight in my language, uh, skillz. (Did I mention that I busted out my Greek textbooks the other day and was actually able to read some passages? After eleven frickin' years!) Lastly is a big BIG BIG bag of green Jelly Bellies. I have no idea how long it will take me to eat all of these, but I am considering saving them for National Novel Writing Month (less than two months away!) since I know how Jelly Bellies were able to pull me through that ordeal last year.

THANKS KIT!! You have been a great spoiler, as I do feel truly spoiled! Your next SP is gonna be one happy, lucky knitter!

Meanwhile, I've been sitting in the beautiful weather knitting more on the linen lace.

1 comment:

Kit said...

Yaaays! I'm so glad you got it and gosh did I feel awkward about revealing who I was. But yay! And thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes, it really was an awesome birthday. *grin*

And, yeah, pink's not so terrible. It is the color of healthy flesh and adorable baby clothes.

It was fun to get to know you! And you do NaNoWriMo! Awesome! I might skip it this year, though...I'm in the final crunch to get my RN. Alas. But next year. :D