I'm glad I didn't post pictures of stuff that I was sending to my Secret Pal, because she apparently already reads this blog! Imagine: the surprise spoilt! All because I couldn't keep my exquisite taste to myself. So, folks, if you want to see what my spoilee is up to knitting-wise, go see her over at NoeysMommyKnits. Plenty of pictures, and constant progress on so many different projects! And Noey herself is ADORABLE! I am very glad that I was able to discover a new awesome knitting blog via the Secret Pal project.
I am still wondering who my spoiler is. After receiving my most recent package, I kept all the yarn sitting on my couch so I could fondle it as frequently as I wished (and it was even fondled by The BF!) but I have finally put it away as it was distracting me from what I was already working on.
The new Interweave Crochet issue is out! I was going to buy it today but seemed to be out of money (hmm probably because I bought lunch at Whole Paycheck and added a Red Cross donation on top of the meal total) (btw you have all already donated right?) (not even to the Red Cross it could be to Habitat for Humanity or Noah's Wish or something) (thanks) so I will let myself dream of it at night and probably buy it sometime next week. I want to make more bags and accessories and home-decor related items, and crochet seems to be a good way to do those sorts of things. I could make another sweater or little top, but I've come to realise that since I work 6 days a week in a uniform (all black no less) I don't have a lot of opportunities to wear my handknits. One day. One day I will.
Also: at LYS today there was a spontaneous "WTF is Lily Chin's problem" bitch session. At this point, I am wondering who exactly loves her so much besides the insular NY fashun wurld. I saw some yarns with her name on them at Needlework Unlimited in Mpls, but big whoop. She seems to irritate the "real knitters," and I wonder if that's something that she can help or maybe she just doesn't care. There's always that one person in a group that is Not Loved by The Others; I wonder how other designers feel about her. That is one reason that I do not wish to step into the world of Designing Publicly: what will the other designers say? If I had Vision like Teva Durham, or Whimsy like Nicky Epstein, or Edge like Stefanie Japel, I would give it a shot. But I don't. So I don't.
[/glass of wine]
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you so much to the best Secret Pal evah!! I haven't used any of the gorgeous yarn you sent me....I'm afraid! It is all so special I have to find just the right project for it!
Post a Comment