Whaddamn! Twisty over at I Blame the Patriarchy has finally figured it out: fully 64% of the blog-reading public are knitters! I'm not sure why her readership is overwhelmingly knit-oriented, but I'm not at all surprised to hear it. I typically do not link to non-knitting sites on this blog, because that's what other blogs are for, but I can't help but point out that her website is the very essence of what I mean when I say "choice." And people usually make fun of me when I say "choice" to mean "top-notch," but they also make fun of me when I say "whaddamn!" because that phrase is really a "you had to be there" kind of thing. So go read her blog, because you know you're already sittin' there blamin' the patriarchy anyway. Actually, I think she could write about ANYTHING and I would keep reading. She's one of the reasons I stick up for Texas when the Texas-bashers come a-callin'.
Tonight I blew off various commitments (one of them being KICKBALL!!) to watch The Princess Bride and knit more on the Here+There Cables scarf. I still have fears about running out of yarn for this one, but it's a StashBuster(TM) so what can I do? Maybe I'll end up with a gorgeous yet curiously short scarf. Maybe everything will be fine. Maybe I'll get some batteries for my camera and take a picture or two of the progress.
I am becoming fixated on ordering some Lanaknits Allhemp6 for the ribbedety sweater from some recent Interweave Knits [too lazy to go look it up]. I am doing my best to resist ordering the "brick" color which is the PERFECT red that I would wear to my dying day... instead I am seeking a source for the "avocado" shade, which seems to look nothing like any avocados I've ever seen, but is instead some nice bottle green. The hitch? Buying yarn for this project does not count as "stash reduction" and therefore cannot happen until AFTER Vermont. If I were going to Stitches then I could probably buy the hemp there, but 1. Lana doesn't go to Stitches East anymore it seems and 2. I'm not going to Stitches East anymore either and 3. there won't be any hemp-goats at Vermont Sheep and Goat Festival. [You would not believe how many of my coworkers are excited about my going to this festival: they all want shirts that say "Kiss Me, I'm a Goat" even if the shirts are not actually on sale at the festival.]
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanx for taking up for the Texans =)
Post a Comment